Smooth, creamy, not too sweet cream cheese frosting
My Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting is what I absolutely love to use to frost my Coconut Layer Cake.
It’s the perfect for any cake or cupcake, and one of my go-to recipes!
Use this easy frosting on Red Velvet Cupcakes, Vanilla Cupcakes, Chocolate Sheet Cake, Apple Cake, Strawberry Cake and so much more! One thing for sure though, is that this recipe will have you wanting to lick the bowl and beaters clean!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour whipping cream into the bowl of a standing mixer, and with the wire whip attachment, beat cream at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Ensure not to over beat cream to prevent it turning into butter. Set aside in fridge.
- Place cream cheese into the bowl of a standing mixer, and using the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese on low speed until fluffy.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the confections sugar and vanilla.
- On low speed, combine confections sugar with cream cheese until just combined.
- Add half of your whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold it in to combine. Add remaining whipped cream and fold in.
- Place frosting into the fridge for a few minutes before using.
To store frosting, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge - will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.